Get ready to get your healthy on with this lean, mean, SUPER GREENS HUMMUS! I originally saw this on one of our fav food blogs, HonestlyYum and wanted to give it a try because of all the really healthy greens that are added in here (spinach and arugula!). I made a small addition with some avocado - mostly because avocado makes everything better (right?).
If you like/love hummus this is definitely worth a try - why not add nutrients in whenever you can? It's also really easy to make as you're really just blending everything together in a food processor.
- 2 cans (15oz) of garbanzo beans
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/4 cup of diced green onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the skin off of the garbanzo beans (this helps create a smoother hummus). Not a huge deal if you don't have the time to.
- Blend the spinach, arugula, avocado, cilantro and green onion in a food processor.
- With the food processor on, stream in the olive oil, lemon juice and then garbanzo beans.
- Season to taste.
- Place hummus in a bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and another sprinkle of black pepper.